Miyerkules, Pebrero 26, 2014

God taps me on the shoulder this morning

I woke up late this morning and as I rose from my bed all I was thinking of is getting straight to my laptop to work. This late I have been greatly anxious about earning money to see the Wicked Broadway musical before it ends the season next week. Plus, there are still expenses that I would need to settle. I’m such a workhorse for this whole month trying to make the ends meet.

After getting out my bed, washing my face and gurgling, I was hit by the idea that I haven’t opened the bible yet since last night. I wasn’t able to read because I’ve fallen asleep immediately. So I calm myself and said that work can wait, and money...money can get your bank account nourished and your wants satisfied but not your soul. I opened up my bible to the marked page where I stopped reading the last time.

But I will bless the person who puts his trust in me. He is like a tree growing near a stream and sending out roots to the water. It is not afraid when hot weather comes, because its leaves stay green; it has no worries when there is no rain; it keeps on bearing fruit. – Jeremiah 17 : 7-8

I was greeted by this beautiful verse from the book of Jeremiah. As I was filled with worry, God sends me His comforting words. But we could get so unfocused and distracted sometimes that though we are hearing it we do not fully understand it. Half of me still wandering somewhere else – I need to do this then I need to do that and so on.

Someone told me before that we should take time every day, an hour or half to meditate and empty our mind from everything, as in from everything. We don’t have to do a thing or think of anything, just empty it out and let your mind relax adrift. In silence, we will hear the Lord talking to us, we will hear and understand much clearer what His message is. And this quite works, indeed as soon as we empty ourselves from all the things that bother, distract and even those things that excite us, more spaces are given for the Lord to fill in with His words and messages for us. On such moment that we finally condition ourselves, soothed down and relax, is the perfect time to open the bible and read the scripture. By then, we are much focused, with our full attention on His words.

This wouldn’t eat so much of our time, but we often neglect doing such reflection because we are too caught on the hurly-burly of life. After reading this morning I closed the bible at once and proceeded to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast while my father is already preparing to eat  his lunch. I never sit with him in the dining table but found a place at the other table where my laptop is. I started on my stuffs with coffee and pandesal on the side. I opened my online writing account and was glad to see that I have assigned article. I’m a freelance online writer and often times I have to compete with other writers  for the available articles to grab. It’s always flattering to find out that an article is assigned to you because this could mean that they want no one to write that article but you. So I opened it and was surprised to see that I was assigned to do an article about the Easter Celebration and on how to make it fun-filled and meaningful especially for the children.

I was hit by the realization that God never stops sending me His messages until I could finally grasp it. While I was writing about creative ways that we could make the children learn and understand about Jesus’ journey to the cross and beyond, I’m eventually forgetting about my fears and worries which keep on eating me just minutes ago. I’m reminded again that I should focus not on things that matter only to this world, but on things that matter on life beyond and that is the Salvation which is given to us through Jesus Christ who resurrected from the death. ­After writing the article, I find myself thinking of ways to spend a meaningful holy week with my family.Once again, I feel relieved with the storm within me already subsiding. 

And then I realized that this morning event is God's way of tapping me on the shoulder saying, “You’re getting harsh on yourself again, worrying too much on things, stressing yourself to death. As long as your trust is in me, you are at your best.” True indeed, because God never stops giving me my needs. Whenever I need it, He always sends me opportunities to make the end meets and still with enough quality time to spend with family and friends. Only that, we must learn to keep balance on everything because everything that is too much is not good for us. As they say, we don’t need the excess things on our lives so we got to share those instead of keeping them to ourselves. Let’s keep balance on our lifestyle by having and keeping only what we need because God assures us that we will never get less than what we deserve as long as we are putting our trust on Him.

To God be the Glory! Amen!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento